Thursday, December 6, 2012

Little Decorations in Our Kitchen

I can't believe how busy I am. I guess everybody is busy these days. While I was cleaning yesterday, I decided to decorate just a little part of our kitchen. Mum's cooking these days a lot. Well, mostly baking. That's not good. No, sir. She always bakes as if she has to feed the army, and everything tastes so good. Before the snow, mum and dad often went to mushroom picking. I am not a big fan of mushrooms, but when you add the right spices... Yummy! I am the only vegetarian in the family (including all my relatives and friends). I also experiment with food a lot, and miracles do happen in the kitchen. Or catastrophes. :-) Depending on how concentrated I am. My mum is a chef and I learned from her that cooking is a form of art. I just remembered Richard Gere in "Autumn in New York".  When he says: ''Food is the only beautiful thing that truly nourishes''. True. Well, for the right kind of food. I would add love to this quote. :-)
Yeah... Definitely! Love and food, my friends. :-)




Some tea cookies, tea, and some decorations...


  

Nothing is better than a hot drink on a cold winter day.




Just some gold, sparkly decorations. And red color.




Mum bought this cloth in 1986, a year before I was born. I love this doggie (not to mention the Christmas theme).




My love bought me this cute bear candle holder somewhere around last Christmas. A bear in a booth, covered with snow... It makes me think of my love when I'm in the kitchen. Maybe I should move it... Burned food is not nourishing. That reminded me, I am out of this little candles. I guess I'll have to add that to the list.




This is a last year present from our friends.  A snowglobe in a sack, with Santa on the side. I love it! :-)




Just two decorations hanging from the nobs on the kitchen cabinet. I painted this five months ago. It was a quick project. It was dark brown before.  White suits it well, I think.

Today I'll join:
                                 
Sherry at the Charm of Home

Home Sweet Home #96                

Courtney at the French Country Cottage

Feathered Nest Friday

and Cindy at My Romantic Home

Show and Tell Friday!


I want to thank everybody for their comments and support. It means a lot to me.

Hugs, hugs, hugs! :-)







17 comments:

  1. I agree, there is nothing quite like a hot drink on a cold winter day :) Love the cloth and the little bear in the boot and your snowglobe, love, love, love. It would look awesome with my collection :) lol Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet Christmas touches in the kitchen add so much charm. Would I ever love having a chef live at my house!! Katarina, you're so sweet to visit me and leave such lovely comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Mary Alice. Yes, it is a true privilege to have a chef in the house! :-)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you're enjoying the spirit of the season with baking going on in the kitchen and pretty decorations around you. Love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a winter child, and I like this time of the year a lot, Kelly! :-)

      Delete
  4. I like decorating little spaces like you have done with the ornaments on the shelf and the knobs. It does really make Christmas special. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and your kind comments!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like decorating the nobs. Men in the house probably don't like that, but they would never say anything! Thank you, Sherry! :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Katarina! Thanks for visiting me today. We have some things in common. I'm also a vegetarian AND I'm a Pisces! I'm always on the look-out for good vegetarian recipes and prefer to cook from scratch. I like your painted white cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Pisces always find other Pisces even when the ocean and continents divide them! :-)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Holly! I'm glad you stopped by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katarina!

    First time stopping by :) Your holiday kitchen decor is darling and so festive! I love the pops of red everywhere.

    Enjoy the season!
    leslie
    www.trouverlesoleil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! :-) Enjoy yourself in the glorious winter! :-)

      Delete
  8. Katarina, your kitchen looks so cozy and inviting! How lucky you have your mum there :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet decorations. I love that each of them hold a special meaning! Life to the full, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! And it's true, they are precious because of the people who gave them to me. :-)

      Delete