Tuesday, November 27, 2012

 Beautiful Old House (2)

This morning I was in a serious hurry. I had some errands to take care of and while I was jumping all over the place I had to pass by this beautiful house. The reaction was pretty much: stop, turn, find the camera (I always carry my camera with me), take several photos, then notice another house nearby, photograph that one, too, and the one next to it... I almost missed my bus. 




Isn't it beautiful? :-)




On each corner, and in the middle of the house, there are these beautiful sculpture like decorations. Basically a head of a child surrounded by some curly ornaments. At first I thought that these were cherubs with wings, but after I took pictures and zoomed them in, I saw they weren't.




I caught with my camera the one in the middle.




Well, maybe we can see them as cherubs, peaking from some place unknown to us.




And then, at the bottom, there were these plant and flower like ornaments, placed on an open wreath. This is so baroque. I like baroque on the outside. It makes me think of time of chivalry, musketeers.  Basically it reminds me of novels written by Alexandre Dumas. Or Jane Austen...    





6 comments:

  1. Katarina, those 'cherubs' or whatever they are, are lovely! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! You have an awesome blog! :-)

      Delete
  2. You're lucky to live near such pretty architecture! I never see anything like that around where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's so many beautiful old houses around here, Kelly!

      Delete
  3. The house is beautiful. You just don't see that kind of work here. I do have to remember to take my camera with me all the time like you though. There have been so many times where I think, "shoot, that would have been a perfect picture" :)

    ReplyDelete